Construction workers caused a small fire at the State Capital Buildingtoday. Sparks from workers soddering the seems of the new copper dome beinginstalled on the building lit some pieces of wood down below on fire. Thecontractor says the wood was quickly removed and dosed with water. He saysthe Des Moines Fire Department was called in as a precaution, but there wasno major damage and no one was injured. This is the third such fire sparkedduring the ongoing renovation of the State Capital Building.
You are here: / / Workers cause fire at Capital Building