Students and teachers at a Council Bluffs pre-school program were forced out into the rain this morning after one teacher became sick from gasoline fumes. Kris Evezic is a teacher in the “Head Start” program and says the fumes got steadily worse through the morning.Opening the windows didn’t get rid of the fumes and one teacher eventually became nauseous. Evezic says that’s when they called for help, thinking the fumes were natural gas.The nearby Crescent fire department investigated the fumes. Chief Galen Barett says they were able to find the source.Several pieces of mowing equipment and gas cans were being stored in the building and spilled gas apparently caused the fumes. Just one of the 10 teachers became sick from the fumes. All 37 children were taken out of the building before the fumes caused any problem.
You are here: / / Gas fumes cause evacuation of pre-school