An elderly south-central Iowa man was killed in a house fire this morning which Milo Fire Chief Tom Bales says was probably sparked by lightning. The home was in the Warren County town of Milo, southeast of Indianola. Bales says the occupant of the home, 78-year-old farmer Delbert Ohnemus , was a life-long resident of the area. Bales says Ohnemus’ deceased wife had been the doctor for the community for several years.Bales says his department responded to the call at 4:30 this morning and the middle section of the house was fully involved. He says they immediately called in two other departments for help.It took fire fighters nine hours to completely douse the fire. Bales says allot of ground fires are started by lightning, but a house fire is rarely blamed on a lightning strike.
You are here: / / Lightening blamed for starting fatal Milo fire