Several guests and staff members of the Super 8 Motel in Denison were evacuated early Saturday morning after a fire broke out in an unoccupied room of the building’s lower level. Denison volunteer firemen were summoned to the scene at around 1:50 a.m. after a fire alarm went off. Denison fire chief Mike Mc Kinnon says they believe the fire started when a hair dryer fell into a trash can.Mc Kinnon says the entire motel was evacuated as a precautionary measure.The fire caused damage to a countertop area and the carpet. Guests were able to return to their rooms after about an hour.
You are here: / / Fire forces out guests at Denison hotel