SENATE REPUBLICAN LEADER STEWART IVERSON SAYS EVEN IF THERE ARE ENOUGH VOTES TO PASS AN “ETHANOL-ONLY” REQUIREMENT FOR IOWA GAS STATIONS — HE WILL NOT ALLOW THE FULL SENATE TO DEBATE IT. IVERSON, A REPUBLICAN FARMER FROM DOWS, SAYS HIS JOB AS MAJORITY LEADER LETS HIM BLOCK BILLS HE DOESN’T BELIEVE SHOULD BECOME LAW. IVERSON SAYS HE’S WILLING TO CONSIDER ALTERNATIVES WHICHWOULD BOOST USE OF THE CORN-BASED FUEL
- Meandering male moose seen in Sioux County
- Repairs made to northwest Iowa lake’s carp barrier
- Nunn criticizes fellow Republicans blocking votes on budget bills
- New book guides locals and visitors alike to ‘secret’ Iowa attractions
- Congresswoman Hinson says Farm Bill won’t be impacted if government shuts down
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit - Radio Iowa
An archival photography project at the University of Northern Iowa has landed a federal grant to help its users ...
Home test - Radio Iowa
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke - Radio Iowa
The wildfire smoke from Canada is back over Iowa once again. Brian Hutchins at the DNR Air Quality Bureau says ...
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud - Radio Iowa
The Sioux and Lyon County Sheriff Departments are working with local police trying to identify individuals involved ...