Procrastinators better haul out that shoebox full of receipts and get goingon their federal taxes. Deadline day is just one week away. One member of theIowa Society of Certified Public Accountants says it’s understandable thatsome people put off the tax task, even if they’re due a refund.West Des Moines C-P-A Jeff Strawhacker says even though there’s only a weekleft before the deadline, it’s still likely people could get in to havetheir taxes done by a professional.Strawhacker says the cost of hiring a C-P-A to prepare one’s taxes can beoffset by the money you could save.He says C-P-A’s also try to provide more advice beyond the immediate taxreturn and well into a client’s financial future.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dry weather could hurt some Iowa trees
- Clear Lake sets record for earliest ice-free date
- DPS Commissioner responds after sports gambling charges dropped
- Iowa paddlers need to be patient and wait for consistent warm weather
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states