Over two-hundred people attended an “equal pay” forum hosted by VicePresident Al Gore in Waterloo. It was the first public event on Gore’stwo-day Iowa campaign schedule. Gore told the crowd Iowa women take homejust 68 percent of what men working the same job earn.Gore said the Clinton/Gore administration has tried to correct theimbalance. Gore said one place to start is ensuring women have equal access to highereducation.Gore stayed overnight on a farm near Colo and will speak to the Iowa StateEducation Association convention in Ames later this morning.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record