Iowa-based “Access Air” may get a 10-million dollar state loan. The Iowa Senate has approved the loan, which would help the airline buy more planes and establish service out of Cedar Rapids and Sioux City. Supporters say it’s in Iowans’ interest to have a low-fare competitor to the big airlines. Critics say history shows few start-up airlines are successful and it’s wrong for the state to place such a hefty investment in the enterprise. The Senate approved the loan on a 37 to 13 vote. It now goes to the House for consideration.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal