In the wake of the shootings at a Colorado high school an Iowa DistrictCourt Judge says mediation is even more important these days. The fourthannual Peer Mediation Seminar was held today at Nora Springs-Rock Falls highschool and Judge William Thomas of Cedar Rapids says students can work outtheir differences without turning to violence.Judge Thomas says despite the best efforts some students will fall throughthe cracks.Thomas says mediation programs can be found across the state.About 200 students listened to presentations at today’s seminar.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record