Iowa and 43 other states have reached a final settlement with the “Toys ‘R’Us” toy stores over alledgedly illegal sales practices. The Director of theAttorney General’s consumer division, Bill Brauch, says the company hasagreed to a 40-million dollar cash/toy settlement. As part of the agreementBrauch says toymakers Hasbro and Little Tikes will also put in some cash andtoys. He says Iowa’s portion of the settlement is nearly 450-thousanddollars in cash and toys. He says the toys in the settlement will go to the”Toys for Tots” Christmas program. The agreement was reached with the toymakers and retailers in federal courtin New York.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer