More than one-thousand Iowa women have joined the “Women for Gore” campaign to support the Vice President’s bid for the nation’s highest office. Gorespoke to the group via telephone this afternoon.Gore promised to be an advocate on issues important to women voters.and said women voters can make the difference in the 2000 election.Iowa Ag Secretary Patty Judge — a “Women for Gore” member — says there isa need for a separate campaign network for women.Judge and Gore made their comments during a news conference at the Gorecampaign office in Des Moines..
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!