Governor Vilsack says it’s important to the economy of the state to improvethe bridges and traffic flow in the Quad Cities. Vilsack says the statecan’t make the changes alone. He says heavy federal involvment will beneeded.The federal government has been phasing out workers at the Rock IslandArsenal for the past several years. In some cases work done on ArsenalIsland has been turned over to private contractors. Vilsack says he willbend the ear of any presidential candidate he can get ahold of to stress theimportance of the Arsenal to Iowa.Vilsack is talking with Quad Cities officials on a variety of topics.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G