Wanna’ live to be a hundred? You’re in the right place. The Census Bureausays Iowa is the number-one place in the nation for longevity as the highestpercentage of people who reach three digits live in the Hawkeye state.Iowa’s 100-year-plus-olds occasionally share tidbits of advice.Greg Anliker is an administrator at the Iowa Division of Elder Affairs. Hesays there are, at last count, 794 Iowans who are at least 100 years oldThe Census Bureau report says 4 out of 5 centenarians are women. Iowa’soldest woman is Jessie Kettering of Lake View who’s now 111. The oldestman in Iowa is Frank Ahmann of LeMars — he’s 110.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record