A conference today in Des Moines seeks to train those who help others dealwith crisis situations. The conference is sponsored by the American RedCross and the “International Critical Incident Stress Foundation.” Red Crossspokeswoman Margie Conrad says emergency services, security, business andschool system workers are some of the people who will attend. Conrad saysthe goal is to give them a clear plan to deal with all kinds of problems.In the wake of the recent school shootings, Conrad says there will workshopsdealing with youth violence.She says responding to a crisis in Iowa can pose some unique situations asemergency workers and counselors often know the victims well.Conrad says over 200 people are expected to attend the conference today.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal