A Colorado based cellular phone company has sold a portion of its business inIowa. CommNet Cellular Incorporated is selling Iowa territory that includes41-thousand customers to Midwest Wireless Communications. CommNet ChiefFinancial Officer Andrew Gardner says the sale totals nearly 87-milliondollars.Midwest is a private company owned by local phone exchanges which Gardnersays will result in a change of ownership style for cellular customers.He believes no one will lose their job in the sale.Some of the cities affected by the sale include: Algona, Forrest City, MasonCity, Charles City, New Hampton, Knoxville, Ottumwa and Oskaloosa.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk