The Iowa State University solar car finished the national sunrayceunofficially in fifth place out of 29 cars. The race ended today in Orlando,Florida where I-S-U team captain Allen Ihlefeld says they’re enjoying theirbest finish ever.The I-S-U car came out of the qualifying races in the top spot, but Ihlefeldsays the abundant clouds and rain hurt them early on.He says their top five finish is due to a lot preparation.Ihlefeld says the team will take some time off in Florida before returninghome.The I-S-U team finished the 13-hundred-40 mile journey with and averagespeed of almost 22 miles-an-hour. The winner of the race was the Universityof Missouri-Rolla. That’s the school where Martin Jischke was presidentbefore leaving to become the president of I-S-U.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI
- Warm weather wakes up ticks, so wear insect repellant