First Lady Hillary Clinton jumps into the race for U-S Senate in New York today by forming an exploratory committee that’ll allow her to raise money. While Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley won’t be hopping on Mrs. Clinton’s campaign bandwagon, he says she might make a good legislator. Grassley is a republican and describes himself as much more fiscally conservative than Mrs. Clinton, a democrat, and wants her to lose as he says a strong republican majority is “better” for America. Grassley says New Yorkers may “tollerate” representation by a carpetbagger — someone from another state who moves in just to run for office — but he says she couldn’t come to Iowa and try that.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Nunn says expelled US House, Senate members shouldn’t get gov’t pensions
- Congresswoman Hinson says legislation needed to address border issues
- Ida Grove woman charged in death of her young son
- Supreme Court reverses ruling giving Manchester man a third attempted murder trial
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities