Mason City’s Mayor, Bill Schickel, says he hasn’t gotten much feedback frommerchants after declaring in June that he wants Mason City to become thefirst community in the nation to have a “zero tolerance” policy on violentvideo games. Schickel proposed a five-step community response, including having parents tell their kids violent video games are off-limits.Schickel says he IS getting a wide variety of feedback.Schickel says families and community leaders need to actively promotealternative forms of recreation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk