As he nears his 70th birthday, Arnold Palmer’s most competitive days as a golfer are behind him. However, the game’s greatest ambassador also remains its most popular player and Palmer’s practice rounds at the U-S Senior Open have drawn by far the largest following. In his prime, Palmer was credited with taking a country club sport and moving it into the maintream and says the United States Golf Association has helped expand the sport by choosing asite like Des Moines for the Open.Palmer says the course is in great shape heading into the tournament but feels there could be some high scores.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response