Davenporters who attended last night’s city council meeting got an earfulwhen debate over a controversial development project turned to a shoutingmatch between the mayor & an alderman. During the yelling over the sale of bonds, Mayor Phil Yerington called for apolice officer to remove Alderman Tom Carroll. The officer refused and themeeting went on. The issue was approved, but the Mayor says he may veto it.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges