The field of candidates seeking the Republican party’s presidentialnomination is down by two today. New Hampshire Senator Bob Smith yesterday switched parties, and launched anindependent bid for the presidency. Smith’s Iowa office remains open,although a phone answering machine screens calls. Another candidate, OhioCongressman John Kasich (kay-sick), is withdrawing from the G.O.P. racetoday and is reportedly throwing his support to the front-runner, George W.Bush.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!