A Bettendorf woman could face a month in jail after a jury found her guiltyof letting her 14-year-old son skip school. 47-year-old Mikayla Grant will be sentenced next month to up to 30 days injail and a thousand-dollar fine. Her son missed all or part of 43 daysduring last year’s first semester. The woman claimed she couldn’t make theboy go to school as he’d get violent when reprimanded.
- Appeals Court denies former Independence teacher’s request for new trial
- New president named for Iowa Valley Community College District
- Silent Night in Algona wins two ‘Red Letter’ movie awards
- Governor Reynolds promises state surplus will fuel tax cuts
- Senator Grassley says efforts are underway to try and avoid government shutdown
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit
UNI receives grant to turn old photos into interactive exhibit - Radio Iowa
An archival photography project at the University of Northern Iowa has landed a federal grant to help its users ...
Home test - Radio Iowa
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke
Unhealthy air detected in parts of the state from Canadian wildfire smoke - Radio Iowa
The wildfire smoke from Canada is back over Iowa once again. Brian Hutchins at the DNR Air Quality Bureau says ...
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud
Banks in Sioux, Lyon County the target of check cashing fraud - Radio Iowa
The Sioux and Lyon County Sheriff Departments are working with local police trying to identify individuals involved ...