This morning marks the kick-off of a four-day event to promote biking andhiking trails in northeast Iowa. The opening ceremony for the Cedar TrailsFestival is at 9 a-m.Bob Morgan is coordinator of the Festival, which features a variety of bikerides, bike safety courses, walking tours, nature hikes, even a “MunchkinRide” for the kids and a fireworks display tomorrow night.Morgan says the trails enable people in the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area tokeep fit and see some of the beauty of nature.Among the unusual events, Morgan says there’ll be a 10-mile candlelighttrail ride on Saturday evening, which ends with a line dancing party.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!