Texas Governor George W. Bush was the headliner Thursday at a fundraiserwhich raised one-hundred-thousand dollars for Republican candidates for theIowa Legislature. Bush, the front-runner in the G.O.P. presidential race,previewed his education agenda, which he will detail today in California.One Bush education priority is the testing of students to check forprogress.Bush says if a child is learning then everyone should be praised and ifthere is failure the spotlight of shame should shine on the failure.It was Bush’s first trip to Iowa since his victory at the Iowa Republicanparty Straw Poll August 14th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Historic West Liberty building moving today
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport