Harvey’s Casino Resorts plans to buy and operate Bluffs Run Casino inCouncil Bluffs for 165-million dollars. It’d give Harvey’s two of the threecasinos in Iowa’s biggest gaming market.Jim Rafferty, Harvey’s senior vice president of marketing, says the deal hasbeen in the works for several months.Rafferty says Bluffs Run includes a greyhound track and casino that attractsabout four-million people a year.Bluffs Run is being sold by the nonprofit group Iowa West RacingAssociation. Its parent company, the Iowa West Foundation, is reportedlyslated to get about 115-million from the sale for civic & charity projects.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI
- Warm weather wakes up ticks, so wear insect repellant