A mega-deal in the livestock industry is raising the eyebrows of the IowaPork Producers Association. Rich Degner, executive director of the IowaPork Producers Association, is calling upon Iowa’s Attorney General tocarefully review Smithfield Farms’ purchase of Murphy Family Farms. Hethinks this will endanger competition and increase economic pressure onindependent producers. Iowa law does prohibit meatpackers from owninglivestock, and Degner says the Iowa Pork Producers hope federal law soondoes the same.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges