Iowa’s two U-S Senators are hosting a meeting in Cedar Rapids today forfarmers who are worried about agri-business consolidation and mergers. AU-S-D-A official who’s in charge of enforcing the anti-monopoly provisionsof the packers and stockyards act will be on hand. An Assistant U-SAttorney General will be there, too. Senator Charles Grassley hopes farmersconvince the bureaucrats to act. Grassley says the meeting comes at animportant time. Grassley has raised questions about recent mergers, such asthe Cargill/Continental Grain merger. Today’s meeting will be held from noonto three at Kirkwood Community College.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk