Republican legislative leaders continue to oppose a statewide mandate thatethanol be the only fuel sold at Iowa gas stations. Secretary ofAgriculture Patty Judge awaits legal advice as to whether she has theauthority to establish an “ethanol-only” rule in Iowa. Senate RepublicanLeader Stewart Iverson of Dows opposes the move.Iverson says America’s economy runs on free-market principles, and mandatingethanol use violates the basic idea of competition among products.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature