An elderly Iowa artist is being honored by Governor Vilsack late thisafternoon with “The Iowa Award.” Vilsack’s communications director JoeShannahan says Professor Mauricio Lasansky has built a global reputation forhis work.Shannahan says the 84-year-old Lasansky has enriched Iowa’s culturalheritage by donating more than 300 of his works to Iowa museums wherethey’re seen by thousands of people each year.The Iowa Award is the state’s highest civilian honor, given to Iowans foroutstanding service in fields ranging from science to education and fromindustry to agriculture. The ceremony is at 5:30 p-m at Old Capitol on theUniversity of Iowa campus in Iowa City.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges