Democrat U-S Senators from several farm states held a news conference inWashington D-C this morning, pushing for passage of the emergency farmrelief plan. Iowa’s Tom Harkin says the package brings billions in aid tofarmers, but isn’t everything they’d hoped for.Senator Harkin says the package provides about eight-point-seven billiondollars in relief to farmers. Besides comparing the relief plan to a leaky liferaft, Harkin blamedCongressional republicans for the many failures and “disasters” in U-S agpolicies which he says are bankrupting farm families.The farm relief package is expected to go up for a final vote before theweekend.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!