There’s some good news in the case of a former Iowan being held in theRepublic of Georgia. Iowa Senator Tom Harkin says he’s gotten a letter from Republic of GeorgiaPresident Eduard Shevarnadze regarding the case of Loren Wille (willey).Wille is being held on what amounts to a manslaughter charge after beinginvolved in an accident that killed Georgian woman. Wille says the evidenceshows the death was not his fault. Senator Harkin says the letter indicatesthe Georgian goverment understands the concern over the case and the needfor a fair judicial process. Both Harkin and Senator Chuck Grassley have sentstaff members to the Republic of Georgia to check up on Wille.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk