The state’s unemployment rate in October has set a new record. Sha Khan helps track the jobless rate for the Iowa Workforce Development agency and says October’s unemployment rate was two-point-two percent, down slightly from September’s jobless figure, which was also an all-time low.Khan says this will just exacerbate the tight Iowa labor market, but it may also be helping the chronically unemployed who’ve been out of work so long they no longer show up on the statistics.The U-S unemployment rate stands at four-point-one percent.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal