This is National School Bus Safety Week, drawing attention to the largeyellow vehicles that take kids back and forth to school each day. Iowa PupilTransportation Association President Danny Thede says the seven-thousandbuses that transport kids every day are often overlooked.Thede says not paying attention to buses could get you a ticket. It’s a 100dollar fine to pass a bus with its lights on.He says drivers need to be alert to potential school bus stops every morningand evening.Thede says his organizations is trying to educate people in any way they canto make the highways safer for school buses. They’ve just completed abrochure on school bus safety.The Iowa Pupil Transportation Association represents 13-hundred drivers,mechanics and supervisors involved in school bus transportation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dry weather could hurt some Iowa trees
- Clear Lake sets record for earliest ice-free date
- Iowa paddlers need to be patient and wait for consistent warm weather
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues