A decade of planning and 63-million dollars went into the building that’llbe dedicated this morning at Iowa State University. Howe Hall is the firstphase of the Engineering Teaching and Research Complex and will feature someof the most advanced engineering labs on the planet.Pam Reinig (RYE-nig), communications director for the I-S-U EngineeringCollege, says even the look of the building sets it apart.The building’s dedication ceremony is at 10 a-m. Reinig says there’s anothermajor event there tonight — a Millennium Ball — which is a formal eventfor I-S-U students, staff, faculty and friends.Ball organizers offered one-thousand tickets for sale — and it sold outearlier this week.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’
- Iowa’s Sandfort claims pair of weekly honors