A Mason City business owner is threatening to file a lawsuit against twocement plants for pollution she suspects is dangerous to her health. The IowaDepartment of Natural Resources is investigating high emissions from twocement plants on the north side of Mason City. Kathy Frank says she wantssomething done. She says they don’t want to sue, but have tried everythingelse without results.Frank says the health of the neighborhood is at stake.She says city officials need to worry about health issues rather losing taxmoney from shutting down the cement plants.Frank says she doesn’t want to see either company shut down. A meeting willbe held November 11th to discuss whether legal action can be taken.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature