The long-debated legislation called the Patients’ Bill of Rights may finally be nearing its ultimate form. The U-S House has appointed conferees who’ll shepherd the bill through its final stages — among them, Iowa democrat Senator Tom Harkin. Harkin says he hopes they can pass the bill before congress adjourns.In October, the House passed one version of the bill which provides several health care protections to patients against H-M-Os. The Senate passed a weaker version earlier this year.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response