Iowa’s First Lady, Christie Vilsack, announced on Friday that the state will invest three-hundred-seventy-five-thousand dollars in the “Music Man Square Project.” The money will come from the Iowa Department of Economic Development’s Community Attraction and Tourism Development program. The project honors Mason City native Meredith Wilson who created the “Music Man.”State Senator Merlin Bartz, a Republican from Grafton, says state funding is helping several parts of North-Central Iowa including the proposed renovation of the Frank Lloyd Wright designed Park Inn Hotel and the improved water quality of Clear Lake.The “Music Man Square Project” is the latest project funded by the State Tourisim program.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!