Iowa’s Secretary of Agriculture says the “carnival atmosphere” of Seattle is ruining World Trade Organization talks. Patty Judge says the protests are accomplishing very little with their “noise” other than to disrupt the important work that COULD be done in negotiations.Judge says the protests are making life difficult for everyone involved in the W-T-O.Judge does NOT think the many issues facing agriculture will have to take a back seat to other trade concerns. She says many important meetings WILL still go on in Seattle, especially as President Clinton is there today.Washington State National Guard troops are on patrol today after Seattle’s mayor declared a civil emergency last night and imposed a curfew.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards