Traffic is backed up on the Union Pacific rail line between Chicago and the west coast after a derailment this morning near the Cedar County town of Clarence. Cory Litty witnessed the accident around 7:30.Litty says around a dozen cars went off the tracks in two different areas.No one was injured in the derailment and the cause is not known. A railroad spokesman says the line handles around 50 trains a day. He says they are trying to re-route the trains until things can be cleaned up.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!