Iowa’s unemployment rate is low — so low in November that it’s set another record. The state’s unemployment rate last month was two-point-one percent. Sha Khan, an analyst with the Iowa Workforce Development agency, says October’s jobless figure of two-point-two percent tied with Minnesota as a national record.Khan says at no time in the past two decades has Iowa’s unemployment rate been so low.Khan says layoffs which traditionally occur this time of year in the construction industry haven’t happened this year due to the warm weather.The national unemployment rate in November was four-and-a-half percent.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record