‘Tis the season of parties and presents, but for many people, the holidays bring depression. Dr. Ron Larson of Mercy Medical Center in Mason City says depression CAN be caused by trying to do too much at one time.Larson says you need to re-focus your holiday expectations.Dr. Larson has several suggestions for avoiding things which can make depression worse. He says you should try to keep a regular routine and not stay up late and eat too much.Larson says you should stay away from a lot of alcohol, too, because it’s a depressant.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature