Iowa’s First Family will volunteer in West Liberty next week as part of their holiday celebration, and they’re urging Iowans to participate in volunteer activities. First Lady Christie Vilsack says their volunteer work will be coordinated by a group called “Global Volunteers.”Mrs. Vilsack says people from Florida, Minnesota and Nebraska will be joining in the week-long volunteerism campaign in West Liberty.Governor Vilsack and his two sons will join in the effort. Lieutenant Governor Sally Pederson and many members of the Governor’s staff will serve food at a homeless shelter in Des Moines tomorrow.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature