A 52-year old retired Newton insurance agent could end the century by becoming a millionaire. Sid Gimre won’t be on T-V with Regis Philbin, but he is one of finalists in a credit card contest that’s giving away one-million dollars.Each time he used his Discover Card he got a chance to be chosen for the contest. Gimre and his wife fly to New York today. Friday morning at 9:30 all the finalists will gather in Times Square and one name will be drawn to win the million bucks. Gimre has know for a week that he’s a finalist, but it hasn’t sunk in.Gimre won’t go away empty handed if he doesn’t win the big prize. He’s already won 25-thousand dollars for being chosen as finalist.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk