If you haven’t had enough of the presidential candidates visiting Iowa, you can check out a new exhibit at the State Historical Society of Iowa. Historical Society curator Michael Smith says the exhibit, “Iowa; First in the Nation,” covers the history of campaigning in the state, and the rise in prominence of the Iowa Caucuses.Smith says it also covers the political history before the caucuses.One of the key pieces of the exhibit is a life-size drawing of a pig. Smith says anyone who wants can immitate the candidates and get their picture taken with the pig.The exhibit is free an open during the regular business hours of the Historical Society.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal