Farmers can begin signing up for the Conservation Reserve Program today. The “C-R-P”, as it is known, pays farmers to take highly erodible land out of production. Iowa Farm Service Agency spokesman Mike Muscle says it a chance for farmers to enroll large tracts of land in the program.Muscle says C-R-P acres provide many benefits to the state, such as habitat areas for animals and protection of streams and waterways.Muscle says you can sign up by visiting your local Farm Service Agency office.