The republican presidential field has dwindled from 13 to six — with some Iowans who supported ex-candidates finally making their second choice. 48-year-old Carlton Kjos of Decorah supported Elizabeth Dole — and only recently decided he’ll cast his straw poll ballot on Monday night for George W. Bush. Kjos likes the way Bush handles the sticky issue of abortion, by being against the proceedure, but not making abortion policy the touchstone issue of his candidacy. Kjos says Dole’s endorsement of Bush made little difference to him — and he made his decision without watching any t-v.Kjos listened to the radio and read the newspaper to learn about the campaign and the candidates.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime