Actor and environmental activist Ed Begley Junior gave the closing address Friday to an Iowa conference dealing with environmental issues. Begley was in Des Moines for the “Iowa Earth Year 2000” conference. The conference is a kickoff to a year-long effort to improve Iowa’s environment. Begley says every Iowan can help the environment in some way from planting trees to recycling.Begley says the key is to get involved in some way.He says he likes to approach the issue in a positive way.Begley says he is impressed with Governor Vilsack and the Iowa Department of Natural Resource’s proposals to help clean up Iowa waterways. Begley may be best known for his role on the T-V show “St. Elsewhere.” He drove to Des Moines from California in a specially-rebuilt car that runs on natural gas.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!