An Iowa City Attorney wants to start a new town after failing to get county zoning approval to build homes on his land. David Poula says he’s tried for the last four years to get the Johnson County Board of Supervisors to let him put homes on 126 acres he owns near Swisher. Poula says getting the state to incorporate the land is the only way to avoid a long court battle.Poula has applied for a charter for the town of “Edleon.” The name comes from his father Ed and mother Leona. Poula says the county is unwilling to work with him.Poula applied for the charter in August and hopes to get approval soon.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall