A woman who survived an explosion that killed seven members of her family last year is continuing her road to recovery. The explosion at the Jerry Usovsky home on Labor day left Bev Gartner of Iowa City with third-degree burns over 65-percent of her body. Gartner says she’s lucky to be alive.Gartner underwent seven surgeries to patch her skin. She says strong family support has helped her make it through.The explosion was linked to a gas line that had been damaged. Gartner has not returned to the site of the explosion, but says she would like to go back once the snow melts.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime