Security was tight at last night’s Davenport City Council meeting after rumors circulated about a gunman who had planned to attend another city meeting earlier in the week.No guns were found as everyone was run through metal detectors. There’s been a lot of tension surrounding the vote on a gay rights measure.That amendment to include homosexuals on the list of protected persons was APPROVED at last night’s meeting. Davenport joins Ames, Iowa City and Cedar Rapids with similar civil rights ordinances.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G